Electronics Design & Test Engineer
Full Time, Permanent
BSA Motorcycles is at an exciting point in its history with the brand having just been relaunched to the world, releasing the first new model, the Gold Star, and we are just getting started. We are looking to build the BSA team to manage the business into the future in key areas.
Roles & responsibilities
1. Drive development of electronic systems for Electric Vehicle such as Charger control unit, BMS, DC-DC converter, Motor Controller, Vehicle Controller etc. as per performance / quality / cost/ weight targets and plants manufacturing requirement
2. Layout and packaging of above parts in vehicle DMU considering all aspects of functionality and manufacturability
3. Conduct DR, FMEA (system / design) and apply all such tools in the design phase
4. Define performance and reliability test parameters, procedures for such parts
5. Keep track of global trends in relevant technology, regulations and develop long term road maps and appropriate work plan
6. Benchmarking and generation of ideas for better performance, quality, cost, weight etc.
7. Root cause analysis for quality issues using QC tools and countermeasure actions
8. Knowledge of automotive EMI/EMC standards is must
9. Proficient in all tools for electronics circuit design, PCB layout/routing, simulation for circuits (Altium/ LT Spice), thermal/ EMI/EMC aspects and CAD tool, preferably Unigraphics
10. Demonstrable knowledge of automotive industry standards and regulations from an EMC standpoint
11. Awareness of test box / fixture design.
12. Strong analytical skills and working experience on different analyses such as worst case, Monte Carlo, tolerance stack up, power dissipation, stress etc.
13. Exposure to electronics manufacturing and validation facilities.
14. Hands on testing / test set-up experience
- B.E. / B Tech in Electronics/Instrumentation, with experience in development of EV specific electronic controllers – Essential
- Demonstrable experience & knowledge of Electronic Systems gained over 8-10 years
- 2 Wheel experience essential
- EV/HV experience (or demonstrable knowledge of) preferred
WHY JOIN US?
Need more reasons to join Team BSA?
Our current employee benefits are;
- 26 days annual leave + bank holiday
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme with salary sacrifice available
- 25% discount on the purchase of a BSA Motorbike
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various flexible working policies to include;
o Flexible start / finish times
o Time Off In Lieu
o Hybrid opportunities in applicable roles
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan
- Death in service benefit
- Income Protection
- Paid training to include Electric Vehicle & Motorcycle Safety
- Opportunities for Professional Development & education
- Socials – go karting, bowling, meals out, etc where participation is entirely voluntary
We are proud of our diversity, we truly embrace team working at every level of the organisation with mutual respect at the heart of all we do.