Prototyping & Virtual Build Test Engineer
Full Time, Permanent
BSA Motorcycles is at an exciting point in its history with the brand having just been relaunched to the world, releasing the first new model, the Gold Star, and we are just getting started. We are looking to build the BSA team to manage the business into the future in key areas.
Roles & responsibilities
The Prototype & Virtual Build Engineer will be responsible for managing all prototype build activities including developing and communicating build plans based on vehicle specifications, test plans, and program timing. The Engineer will also be leading multiple teams to assure all program deliverables are met and resolving any issues affecting build quality, engineering design, manufacturing process, and timing.
Prototype & Virtual Build
- Be responsible for the planning of prototypes and subassemblies; ensuring that all the deadlines from the engineering department are met. This includes all engineering needs for vehicle builds, testing and validation.
- Coordinate and organize all activities that are relevant to the success of the prototype builds. This might include organization of meetings, workshops etc.
- Be a key interface between the engineering, workshop and manufacturing team.
- Propose alternative production methods for prototype parts acc. to the maturity of the builds.
- Propose engineers DFMs alternatives to improve the manufacturability of the vehicle during development phases.
- Support design engineers with the selection of standard parts such as fasteners. You will also be the main interface to other departments for these parts (e.g., purchasing);
- Support on selecting prototype suppliers in accordance with the responsible engineers and the purchasing department.
- Document, track and communicate build issues to ensure timely resolutions. This will include root cause analysis for prototype build problems.
- Develop processes and methodologies for traceability of prototypes and critical parts.
- Be responsible for maintaining proper documentation of the prototype vehicle release plans and notes.
Be responsible for;
- the technicians in the workshop (including management activities)
- maintaining and enhancing the inventory and equipment in the workshop together with the build needs.
- maintaining the parts stock in the workshop for prototype builds.
- maintaining the workshop based on 5S principles.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum: 8 – 10yrs+ of relevant experience in two-wheeler, automotive field
- Possess demonstrable knowledge of motorcycles (Vehicle & Drivetrain) and their functioning with strong problem solving & testing capabilities.
- Knowledge of motorcycle parts measurements & tools usage.
- Previous management experience preferred
WHY JOIN US?
Need more reasons to join Team BSA?
Our current employee benefits are;
- 26 days annual leave + bank holiday
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme with salary sacrifice available
- 25% discount on the purchase of a BSA Motorbike
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various flexible working policies to include;
o Flexible start / finish times
o Time Off In Lieu
o Hybrid opportunities in applicable roles
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan
- Death in service benefit
- Income Protection
- Paid training to include Electric Vehicle & Motorcycle Safety
- Opportunities for Professional Development & education
- Socials – go karting, bowling, meals out, etc where participation is entirely voluntary
We are proud of our diversity, we truly embrace team working at every level of the organisation with mutual respect at the heart of all we do.